Driving in Bulgaria
Tips and laws
Seat belts must be worn by the driver and all passengers of the vehicle. Тhe only exception is for pregnant women.
Different requirements apply to Child Passenger Safety. 5 car seat weight groups apply:
- • Group 0 – for newborns, with a maximum weight of 10kg;
- • Group 0+ – child under 1 year old, with a maximum weight of 13 kg;
- • Group I – child between 1 to 4 years of age, 9 to 18 kg;
- • Group II – child over 4 years, 15 to 25kg;
- • Group III – child from 22 to36 kg.
Always follow the traffic signs indicating speed limits. Speed limits are as follows: 50km/h on urban roads, 90 km/h on non-urban roads and 140m/h on highways.
Mobile phone use while driving is prohibited, while the use of mobile phone with hands-free set is allowed.
In Bulgaria daytime running lights are mandatory even during daylight hours.
Mandatory equipment for vehicle includes:
- • First-aid kit
- • Fire extinguisher
- • Reflective vest
- • Valid driver’s license
- • Identity card or passport
- • Vehicle registration document
- • Annual technical inspection certificate
- • Liability insurance
Drivers are prohibited from driving a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. In the event of an accident, after established use of alcohol or drugs, the client bears full financial responsibility for any damage caused.
Find out our latest promotions, updates and services. Be the first to benefit from our promotional prices